Chicago, IL, Waukesha, WI
This position will report to the VP of Operation. Under limited supervision, conducts application design, design repair, installation, and commissioning of systems. Strives for excellence in customer satisfaction through on site customer interface and communications. With complete technical competence, mentors fellow technicians on building automation and service activities. Completes required project documentation.
- Design of control systems based upon project requirements or industry standards requiring knowledge of electronic or digital controls systems and documents these designs using AutoCad or Visio into controls drawings and writes and test the programs using the various languages of controls systems software.
- Field manages installation projects.
- Consults with the customer, provides proposals for retrofits, upgrades and design enhancements to systems. Provides technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manages assigned work to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Reports problems to management. Interfaces with company employees and subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required professionally.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and informs them of the nature of service provided before leaving the work site.
- Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Documents with the customer any outstanding issues and recommends system upgrades and or replacement. Promotes the sale of additional technical support and work for the customer.
- Practices all company and customer safety processes. Keeps safety procedures in use while working on site with other contractors and subcontractors.
- Trains and teaches the customer in control systems operations and provides Manuals and documentation as required.
- Completes job documentation such as completion certificate, customer training, certificates and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self-study seeking to enhance and improve proficiency in various product lines.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Preferred, 2-year technical education in a field acceptable. Knowledge of Computers and computer software packages including but not limited to (AutoCAD, VISIO, MS Office, Explorer, and HTML)
- Knowledge of heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment and related DDC and building management systems
- Working knowledge of Internet related technologies and programming along with web based graphics. Ability to read blueprints and interpret specifications.
- 3+ years field or applications engineering experience in Building Management Systems and HVAC principles and basics.
- Experience with Niagara Framework, Lonworks, BACnet and graphical programming languages a plus; Distech and Tridium experience highly desirable.
- Ability to manage own backlog to ensure timely and accurate job completion.
- Performance will be directly measured against the estimated budget.
- Capability to meet annual revenue of project work targets.
- Ability to handle multiple system designs and installations.
- Ability to self-learn on new technologies to broaden own knowledge base.