Field Engineer Level II
Chicago, IL, Waukesha, WI
The Field Engineer Level II will need good interactive skills and solid experience with trouble shooting DDC systems. He/she should demonstrate analytical aptitude, be proficient with technical tasks, will act as the primary customer interface, prepares written service reports, manages services and small owner direct projects and prepares weekly timesheets. Responsible for performing the work on-site or remotely and must be team and detail oriented, self-motivated, and hands-on.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Program of DDC controls following a specific sequence of operations. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that HVAC controls continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, controllers, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists. Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test controls and equipment to diagnose system malfunctions. Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Prepare written service reports to be turned in to the office and as a receipt for the customer.
- Associates or technical degree required, Bachelor’s in Engineering preferred.
- Industry experience desired is 3-5 years in HVAC Controls.
- Technical experience with LonWorks, BACnet, and Tridium integrations.
- Direct knowledge or experience with Distech, Tridium is desired but not required.
- Prefer technical experience with PLC devices, programming, and integration.
- Basic computer networking proficiency required, especially with LANs, Hubs, Routers
- Strong communication, presentation, training, and technical writing skills.